Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

DS20 Part 2:

1/10/2020

End of preseason week 1 update- or maybe it's the end of the first week of the post-season?

Either way...

One week has passed since the 2019 season ended, and this is what I've done to prepare for 2020.

Rutcation dates are requested off at work and approved. I will be travelling back to OH after work on 11/6 and hunting till 11/15. That's a few days later than I normally go and a couple less days. I have two seasons under my belt there and feel like I've really got a good grasp of how deer use my hunting spots there. I cant wait, this is the best week of my year and something I think about daily.

I'd like to do a quick 4-day trip down in the early season, we will see how that plays out.

Been shooting my bow every day in the basement, 6 shots a day. It's about a 14yd shot and a nice stress reliever.  Cyberscouting, too. Always cyberscouting, but starting out by looking at my current hunting areas, thinking about where I saw deer and how they were using the terrain this year., and trying to gain what I can from it. There were definitely some good lessons learned. The one Ohio spot was a real eye opener and I'm feeling pretty cocky about hunting it now. Cocky enough that I will be picky about what I shoot there, if that means anything. Still no boots on the ground scouting, hopefully that changes this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood Sport

  Blood Sport by Alex Cerveniak “Welcome to Clyde, Ohio.  Boyhood home of General James B. McPherson, the highest ranking union officer kill...