Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

DS20 Part 8: An Overlooked Spot


Yesterday I went out to the big woods after work. It's a part of the big woods I'm kind of on the verge of cutting out of my hunting spots because there are just too many elk, and where there are elk, there are more people. But! There is a place that I've never been, so I thought it might be a good time to see what's there.

I walked a big oval loop, about 3 miles, total. I was just trying to cover ground and intercept mature buck tracks or sign. I came across one 3 finger track and two 4 finger tracks. I saw at least 500 elk rubs. That might sound like an exaggeration but it was probably more like 1,000.

This spot may be worth a hunt or two, I found two areas that I will use as starting points to scout during the season and see what happens. Maybe I end up climbing a tree, maybe I will just walk around some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood Sport

  Blood Sport by Alex Cerveniak “Welcome to Clyde, Ohio.  Boyhood home of General James B. McPherson, the highest ranking union officer kill...