Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2019

DS19 Part 23: Apples

Awesome hunt this morning! Used onx to get about where I thought I needed to be in the dark at a spot I had only scouted online. Curled up on the ground in my ghillie suit by a small patch of aspen trees. Grey light comes and apple trees start to materialize in front of me, to the sides, and behind me.  Felt like I hit the lottery!

Didnt see any bucks but I had a group of four doe's come through at about 25yds around 830. Walking out I passed even more apple trees, must have been an old orchard or something that is now mostly overgrown on the edge of a cedar swamp. No buck sign or large tracks but I left a trail camera behind to see who else lives there. Just got home, eating lunch, gonna watch the beginning of the Michigan game and head back out for the evening hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood Sport

  Blood Sport by Alex Cerveniak “Welcome to Clyde, Ohio.  Boyhood home of General James B. McPherson, the highest ranking union officer kill...